Friday, February 27, 2015

Scheduling More 2015 Cycling

2015 is going to be a great year of cycling.  I've already registered for three rides, one of which is a 3 day ride, and another that is a 7 day event.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can start riding/training!

I already talked briefly about Amishland and Lakes that is in August.  I always love this ride.  This will be my third year riding it, but I've never felt up to riding the third day.  I'm determined to ride all three days even if I only ride a short route on Sunday.

I also recently registered for Bike MS to raise awareness and support for the National MS Society.  My wife's aunt and cousin both have MS and I saw this as a way to ride a fun event and raise awareness and support for the organization's research and services!  I still have a long way to go on my fundraising, so I encourage you to make a donation if you are able!  Just click the banner below.


Additionally, I registered last night for The Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure.  This is a seven day ride around Northwest Ohio.  I can't wait for this one as it rides through both the area I live in now and the area I grew up in.  I've never done a ride this long, but it is only 50-60 miles per day with two layover days that we aren't required to ride.  It includes tent camping each night, so it will be exactly what the name depicts, an adventure.  I'm not a greatly outgoing person, so my hope is that this will force me out of my comfort zone a little bit and I'll make some new friends along the way!

I'm kind of disappointed that I'll miss the Buckeye Bridge Ride this year because I'll be on the big adventure ride the day of that one.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do that one again next year.

At work, we're doing a Biggest Loser Challenge for our wellness program.  I've needed to take a few pounds off for a while, mostly because I love to eat...and eat a lot!  I've committed to eating right at least 6 out of 7 days a week (I have to have a day I can cheat each week) and working out 4-5 days a week.  So far, I've lost close to 6 pounds in about a week and a half.

Both of my boys have birthdays in March, so it's fun planning parties, but hard to believe how quick they grow up.  One will be 9 and the other will be 2.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: